Job Title: Finance Assistant
Weeks: 52 Weeks
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week
Salary: £19,636 – £20,670
Is your next finance role one that involves supporting a business which believes in providing a safe and innovative space for children and young people to learn?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Finance Assistant to join our Finance Team based in Mansfield.
The successful candidate will support their team by providing financial administrative assistance by undertaking a variety of tasks such as purchase ledger duties, processing staff expenses and supporting with sales invoicing. These tasks involve collaboration and delivery of a ‘customer service’ to all those working within R.E.A.L. Education. By doing so, the successful candidate will be contributing to R.E.A.L.’s strategic aim of ensuring ‘Every child has a future’.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, possess strong communication skills and be a team player with the ability to work independently. The successful candidate must be AAT qualified or have the equivalent experience.
Duties will include:
- Maintain the purchase ledger by checking and entering supplier invoices and other company expenses
- Prepare weekly payment runs to ensure suppliers are paid on time
- Manage petty cash accounts
- Process staff expenses
- Manage the termly ordering process and other ad hoc purchases
- Support the monthly payrolls by validating data submitted by employees
- Entering monthly sales invoices
- Assist with Finance contracts and agreements
- Assisting with credit control, sending out customer letters and statements
- Answer the telephone, ensuring all enquiries are handled professionally
- General finance administration and other ad hoc duties
In addition to your holiday entitlement and paid bank holidays, we will offer you 5 days paid dependency leave a year, access to the company’s Westfield Health, support your continuous professional development and provide a bereavement insurance policy.
We believe that building trust and positive relationships with learners is key to successful intervention. If this is something you believe in and want to contribute towards, then please contact us at email@example.com for a campaign pack, or for further information.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 9th of December
R.E.A.L. Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore all candidates will be subjected to Safer Recruitment checks and will not be able to commence employment without a satisfactory DBS and two references.