Job Title: Literacy Curriculum Lead
Weeks: 39 Weeks (Term time only)
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week
Salary: 28,090 – 34,450
R.E.A.L Education Ltd aspire to be the leading provider of high quality learning opportunities and innovative approaches to enable all children to receive a valuable life
changing experience through our values of trust, innovation and achievement.
To achieve this we require an outstanding Literacy Curriculum Leader with a track record of delivering lessons that are both innovative and creative. The Literacy curriculum lead will be required to provide outstanding leadership and management to ensure that all learners across all key stages and localities make exceptional progress and foster a love of learning.
As part of the role they will be required to:
- Deliver sessions for 4 days out of 5.
- Lead a team of staff to deliver outstanding learning.
- Develop teaching and learning across the subject area.
- Regularly review the curriculum and update schemes of learning.
- Work collaboratively to quality assure their subject area.
- Work collaboratively with other Curriculum Leads to monitor, track progress and interventions and provide data to relevant leaders within the organisation.
- Add value to the locality offer at R.E.A.L. by seeking opportunities for young people to come together where appropriate and the development of Literacy groups.
- Continuously analyse the impact of the curriculum.
- Work with flexibility, resourcefulness and initiative, undertaking any duties necessary at the reasonable request of the Head Teacher and Heads of Area.
You will be an experienced education professional, with at least three years experience of working with children and young people within an education setting. The successful
candidate must hold a teaching qualification such as PGCE or QTLS and have sound knowledge and experience of designing and developing the English curriculum. You will be
working closely with the Leadership Team, Governors and Committees as relevant, to foster a positive working relationship so therefore must have strong communication
skills at all levels.
It is an essential requirement to be able to demonstrate experience at leadership level or be an aspiring middle manager.
This role does include driving across Nottinghamshire, therefore please ensure you have a full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle with business insurance.
If you think you have the motivation and passion to help our learners achieve their potential, and you would like to make a real difference to the lives of young people, join us on our journey to becoming an outstanding provider.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. Please read our policies on equality and diversity, and safeguarding on our website prior to submitting an application. For more information or to request an application from please email email@example.com